Utsunomiya, Tochigi Pref. – Teenage suspects in last week’s high-profile robbery-murder case in Tochigi Prefecture have told police investigators that they had been threatened with the killing of their families and friends if they did not take part in the crime, it was learned Wednesday.
Some of the four arrested 16-year-olds claimed to have been threatened by Kaito Takemae, 28, and his 25-year-old wife, Miyu Takemae, who were also arrested in connection with the case, according to investigative sources.
The teenage suspects received real-time instructions from the couple during the robbery, the sources also said.
